Wondering what to do in Ontario, California? You’re in luck!
Ontario, California, is a city located in San Bernardino County, approximately 37 miles east of Los Angeles. The city was founded in 1882 and has become an integral part of the Inland Empire region. With a population of over 170,000 people, Ontario offers plenty of attractions for residents and visitors alike to explore. Here are the top things to do in Ontario, California.
Keep reading to learn more about what to do and top attractions in Ontario, California now.
Top Attractions in Ontario
We’ve taken the guesswork out of what to do in Ontario! Here’s a list of the top ten attractions in Ontario.
- Ontario Mills: This shopping center is the largest in the Inland Empire and features over 200 stores, restaurants, and entertainment venues.
- Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park: Located just a few miles from downtown Ontario, this park offers various recreational activities such as fishing, picnicking, swimming, and camping.
- Museum of History and Art: This museum has been open since 1981 and is a great place to learn about the history of Ontario through its various exhibits, programs, and events.
- Chaffey Community College: Established in 1883, this college offers educational opportunities to students from all walks of life looking to pursue higher learning.
- Ontario International Airport: This airport serves as the main gateway for travelers coming in and out of the Inland Empire, making it a great option for those looking to explore Ontario and its surrounding areas.
- Citizens Business Bank Arena: Home to the Ontario Reign hockey team, this arena also hosts a variety of concerts, shows, and other events.
- The Ontario Convention Center: This is the city’s premier venue for conventions, conferences, and trade shows throughout the year.
- Lake Arrowhead Village: Located just a short drive away from Ontario, this mountain village features plenty of shops, restaurants, and outdoor activities to explore.
- Scandia Amusement Park: This family-friendly amusement park features rides, games, and other attractions for the whole family to enjoy.
- Pacific Electric Trail: This is a 24-mile multi-use recreational trail located in Ontario and is popular among hikers and cyclists alike.
Loving this post? Make sure to check out our other article about how much a CPA costs before you leave!
Date Ideas in Ontario, CA
For a romantic night out, try visiting the Ontario Town Square. This outdoor area offers plenty of dining and shopping options, perfect for any couple looking to spend some quality time together.
If you’re looking for something more adventurous, why not head to Scandia Amusement Park or take a hot air balloon ride over the Inland Empire?
Shopping in Ontario CA
Ontario offers plenty of great shopping opportunities. The Ontario Mills Shopping Center is the city’s largest, featuring over 200 stores and restaurants.
For more specialized shopping, you might want to check out some of Ontario’s quaint boutiques located in the historic downtown area.
Events and Festivals in Ontario
Ontario hosts a variety of events and festivals throughout the year, including the Ontario International Film Festival and Cajun Fest. If you’re looking for something a little more exciting, be sure to check out one of the many car shows or races taking place in the city.
Ontario California FAQ
What is the city of Ontario, CA, known for?
Ontario is known for its vibrant cultural life, with various events and festivals taking place throughout the year. It’s also home to some of the most popular shopping and dining options in the Inland Empire.
What are some unique attractions in Ontario?
Some unique attractions in Ontario include Scandia Amusement Park, Lake Arrowhead Village, and the Ontario Town Square.
Is Ontario, CA, a good area?
Yes, Ontario is a great place to live, work, and play. It has a low poverty rate and plenty to do for entertainment. It’s also an excellent place to raise a family.
What’s special in Ontario?
Ontario is home to a wide array of recreational activities, shopping and dining options, cultural experiences, educational opportunities, and more.
With so much to do in Ontario, California, it’s easy to see why this is one of the most popular destinations in the Inland Empire. From shopping and dining to entertainment and events, Ontario has something for everyone to enjoy. So make sure you visit this vibrant city and experience all that it has to offer!